The client selected Forest Electric New Jersey (Forest NJ) as their construction manager, contracting us to utilize a team approach and guaranteed maximum price (GMP) for the project. We performed all general and electrical contractor duties, managed all construction budgets, and coordinated all scheduling and subcontractors using last planner system principles.
Ultimately requiring over 50,000 man-hours to complete under the client’s extremely aggressive construction schedule, Forest NJ’s general contracting services helped ensure the project was completed on time and within budget.
Morgan Stanley was looking to add a 44,330-square-foot addition to their existing data center space in order to house five IO modules for their data center buildout.
Scope of Services
Forest NJ’s scope of work included:
- Assisting the IO data team with design responsibilities
- Coordinating all mechanical, civil, structural, and architectural subcontractors
- General construction, including all walls, ceilings, and raised floors
- Providing BIM models for all subcontractor coordination
- Installing a 4,190-square-foot equipment pad with two modular chillers and two economizers
- Installing a 7,080-square-foot generator room slab and pads for two new 2,000-kilovolt-amp gensets
- Installing all structural steel, concrete pads, and associated mechanical and electrical work for two 1,200-gallon fuel tanks in the exterior yard
- Installing two 2,000- kilovolt-amp, 13.2-kilovolt interior substations
Morgan Stanley is a U.S.-based multinational financial services corporation headquartered in midtown Manhattan at the Morgan Stanley Building.