Forest Electric New Jersey (Forest NJ) provided electrical design, installation, and commissioning services on this data center expansion project, working closely with the general contractor and leveraging our extensive data center construction expertise to exceed client expectations. Forest NJ served as the lead mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design coordinator and was responsible for the layout and coordination of all major mechanical and electrical systems components.
Verizon needed to expand this existing data center facility with minimal impact to the existing facility and adjacent tenants. Their critical project turnover date necessitated an extremely tight construction schedule.
Forest NJ’s work on the first phase of this project involved the addition of 113,000 square feet of space and included a number of critical electrical services, including:
- Installation of a separate 29KV service and related distribution equipment
- Installation of three 750KVA stationary uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems
- Installation of three 2.5MVA rotary UPS systems
- Installation of multiple 480V switchboards
- Conducting the layout and coordination of all major mechanical and electrical system components
- Installation and expansion of mission critical systems, including:
- Fire alarm and security systems
- Building maintenance software system
- Emergency power off system
- Power monitoring systems
- Leading BIM coordination and creating coordinated drawings critical to project success
- Development and implementation of the greater project schedule
Verizon offers colocation services, providing access to global data centers and high-capacity connectivity solutions. In 2017, Verizon’s data centers became part of Equinix, one of the world’s largest interconnection platforms with over 210 data centers across 55 markets.