Forest Electric New Jersey (Forest NJ) was contracted by New Jersey Fiber Exchange (NJFX) for installation of the electrical distribution at their new 64,800-square-foot data center. Forest NJ delivered services on time and on budget—leveraging engineering planning, project management expertise, advanced QA/QC capabilities, and our staff of experienced personnel to exceed expectations on this particularly challenging project.
NJFX sought to construct the first Tier 3 carrier-neutral colocation data center campus that would link with undersea cables originating in the United States, South America, Europe, and the Caribbean.
In the process of installing the electrical distribution on this project, Forest NJ performed a variety of services, including:
- Immediate installation of power distribution from the incoming Jersey Central Power & Light 15kV switch, through the 15kV outdoor-rated switchgear, and on to the 1,500kVA transformers
- Engineering and construction of an underground duct bank framework that channeled power into the building
- Connected power to two 1,500KW generators that would feed the following:
- Two 2,000A switchboards
- Two 1,200A distribution boards
- Two 500 kVA uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems
- One 1,600A UPS panel
- One 800A UPS panel
- Four 400A static switches
- Four 300kVa transformers
- Four 800A distribution panels
NJFX is a New Jersey-based data center operator, offering Tier 3 data center, meet-me room, and colocation services from a 58-acre site adjacent to a subsea cable landing station.