Forest Electric New Jersey (Forest NJ) provided extensive electrical contracting services during the construction of a new data center for Internap. In addition to completing the project on budget and on schedule, Forest NJ added value by prefabricating many of the components, helping us optimize the limited amount of available construction space. Forest NJ also leveraged the extensive experience of its key personnel to enhance both quality control and commissioning procedures.
Internap wanted to build a new data center in the New York metro area in order to better support their continually expanding business.
Forest NJ engineered and installed a variety of electrical components as part of the construction, including:
- Two diverse 26kV/5MW services
- Two 2MW generators
- 1.4MW uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system
- Two redundant switchgear line-ups, created for an N+1 capacity
- Design of equipment and feeders to meet utlity company requirements
- New fire alarm and security systems
Internap is a global provider of performance-driven, full-spectrum data center and cloud solutions, headquartered in Reston, VA.