Forest Electric New Jersey (Forest NJ) provided electrical contracting services during the upgrade of the New Jersey Turnpike Authority’s (NJTA) data center in Woodbridge, NJ. We delivered the project on time, despite a large volume of mid-project design changes, and assisted with all commissioning alongside a third-party contractor.
The NJTA’s 4,800-square-foot data center required a total upgrade in order to ensure reliable power for the center’s mission critical operations.
Forest NJ engineered and installed a variety of electrical component’s as part of the upgrade, including:
- An A/B uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system
- Two 825 kW UPS systems
- An interim UPS system for use during project
- Seven computer room air conditioning units
- A fire alarm system
- Two automatic transfer switches
- A 250A static switch
- A 4,000A switchboard extension
- Tie-ins to the existing generator paralleling gear, including two new output breakers
- A data center basket tray system
- General power and lighting throughout the data center
- All control wiring and a wide variety of conduits and feeders
The New Jersey Turnpike Authority oversees the transportation of people and goods over two of the busiest toll roads in the United States—the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway.