Meadowlands Race Track, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ
The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority hired Forest Electric as the Design Build Contractor to replace existing 13.2kv substation along with the high-voltage underground distribution cabling that supplied power to the Giants Stadium, Continental Airlines Arena, the Meadowlands Pumping Station, and the Meadowlands Racetrack. The work included engineering, procurement, and construction.
In addition to completing the job without incident, Forest Electric also coordinated and orchestrated the complicated shutdown of each of the venues for the required work to be performed.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Engineering, procurement, and construction of a 13.2kV distribution switchgear in a house constructed walk-in metal prefabricated building
- Switchgear replacement for NJ Meadowlands facility
- Substation pad construction
- Concrete foundation on driven piles
- Installation of conduits and feeders from existing substation switchgear to new substation switchgear
- New relay control scheme, designed and engineered by Forest Electric
- Coordinate all incoming utility feeders with PSE&G requirements.
The NJSEA brings the best in racing, sports, and entertainment to the Garden State by constructing and operating world-class entertainment and convention venues. Thanks to its loyal patrons, the NJSEA continues to “Bring the World to New Jersey.”